The marks that toilets obtain over time, little by little, from scratches give them a careless and unhygienicor appearance.
But going to a professional for restoration is usually not very cheap. That is why resorting to home practices has become a fashion. For this reason, we have created this article to teach you the best ways to remove scratches from a toilet.
With the passing of the years and no matter how careful we are our toilets begin to take on an unsightly appearance, the scratches that they present are the perfect place to that stains and bacteria proliferate, which is why it is vitally important to learn how to eliminate them completely.
These can be produced by the lid of it; when cleaning it with very abrasive sponges or by using very strong chemicals and for this reason and more, we want toteach you how to remove scratches from a toilet and what utensils you should not use, and This way you will avoid scratching it in the future.
How to repair toilet lid scratches
The best method to remove scratches on the plastic of the toilet lid, which is sometimes even yellowish, is to unscrew it from the side, sand the edges with P1000 fine grain paper and paint it with white paint.
how to remove scratches from the toilet
The following video explains the best method to remove scratches from the toilet bowl quickly and easily .
Remove toilet scratches with a pumice stone
WC Natural Pumice Cleaning Stone
- Alta calidad: pómez natural mango PP. Grava fina, resistente, de alta densidad, sin rasguños, no tóxica y sin sabor.
This is one of the main methods and the most effective that you can use right now to remove those horrible stains from your toilet.
- First of all, we must start by moistening the pumice stone with tap water, just a little water will suffice. Remember to use only water, do not use any other type of cleaning element on the stone.
- Make sure the toilet is completely clean and dry before starting, as well as Keep the stone moist at all times, otherwise we could cause more scratches.
- Next, carefully rub the stone on the affected areas applying very little or no pressure for a few minutes. minutes.
- Using water or a damp cloth remove all residue caused by the stone.
Restore a toilet from scratches
Another very effective method you can use to remove scratches from a toilet is by using chemical agents.
To do this, you will need to obtain an abrasive sponge which is cataloged to be used on porcelain.
Keep in mind that if you decide to use a sponge that is made of metal or that is not suitable for cleaning porcelain, you will end up causing more damage than the ones you are going to solve.
- Be sure to soak the sponge until it starts to drip.
- With the help of a powdered cleaning acid spread it on all the tasks to be worked on. This powder should completely cover the area with scratches, it doesn’t matter if the toilet is wet, just as the sponge should be in order to dissolve and activate the properties of powder cleaning.
- With the use of the sponge, rub the affected areas with enough force until the scratches disappear. With the sponge you must apply much more pressure so that it can fulfill its objective, unlike the pumice stone that does not require any.
- Once the process is finished, you must clean the toilet very well using water and a cloth, in the event that the marks can still be perceived, the procedure must be repeated again.
These two methods will be more than sufficient and effective to achieve the goal of removing scratches from a toilet, because the bathroom says a lot about us to our visitors.
Two Component Quick Repair Epoxy Putty
- ✔ Después de frotar y ablandar, se usa para llenar fugas en tuberías selladas, tuberías de drenaje, macetas, tuberías de grifería, etc.
If they enter our bathroom and see an unpresentable toilet, we will send a bad message about our personal hygiene to our visitors.
For more tips to remove scratches, be sure to visit our website.